Broke Ground for Pizza Oven in Northern CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke Ground for Pizza Oven in Northern CA

After careful planning, I finally broke ground for a pompeii 36" and outdoor BBQ.
    Attached are some sketches for what I am envisioning.

-me

Re: Broke Ground for Pizza Oven in Northern CA

Hi megganburger,

Welcome !!

I recently finished a 36" Pompeii. It was fun but I want to continue building and improving. I'll have to find another location to build it since the yard is crowded.

Cheers,
    Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Hi Bob,
      This is my first oven ever, and I am looking forward to get it going. The dig was quite hard but this weekend I am going to pour the foundation. I will post pictures as I am making progress. I do like your builds.

-martin

Comment

I love your plans...if I had it to do all over I would probably have done something like what you are planning..Welcome aboard and hang on tight!! Its a wild (but well worth it) ride

Peter
        Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Originally posted by meggenberger View Post
          After careful planning, I finally broke ground for a pompeii 36" and outdoor BBQ.
          Attached are some sketches for what I am envisioning.

-me
          That layout looks vaguely familiar
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

meggenberger,
            i also purchased th Pompeii90 kit and picked it up a couple of weeks ago. have placed the cornet slab and am starting walls tomorrow. will do a mono pour for cells in blocks and hearth at once.
            welshb2

Comment

Hello Meggenberger -
              Can I ask why you are putting in a bbq along with the oven? That's what we were planning to do, too, and then I was told that you can use a wood-fired oven as a bbq, too. (unless you are planning to bbq something like a whole pig, and it wouldn't fit in the oven...)

Comment

Hi Meggenberger, PollyG,

Yes, you can bbq in a wfo. I often use my Tuscan grill for meats using left over coals from a pizza cook. But, I don't think I would ever fire up the wfo just to bbq burgers or do light cooking. It is way easier and faster to light some charcoal or wood in a bbq pit to do some brief cooking like burgers, hotdogs, veggies. There is more room to use bbq tools on a grill than inside an oven too, not that it can't be done inside a brick oven though.

I think you have to balance which is best for your needs at the moment. Your idea of a separate bbq is good. If you have both options available then you can make the best use of their individual capabilities.

Cheers,
                Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Hi PollyG,

I agree with Bob. Sometimes you just want to grill and not have to worry about firing up the oven and getting up to temp. I'm also incorporating a wood fired grill along with my oven build. It's just good to have both options.

And Hi meggenberger, welcome to the Forum, and congrats on starting your build! Great plan and layout! Similar to mine as well.

aceves

Comment

Hi all,

New to the forum. I have just finished my oven. It is an igloo style and just going through the process of firing it up. I will try and post some pics when I get my head around the website.

Pete

Comment

Welcome aboard Pete...

Peter
                      Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Working...
                      X