hello from florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from florida

My name is Andrew, I llive in Winter Haven, Fl. I was searching for homemade brick bbq's and found this site. I work for a wholesale pool supply distributor. We recently started carrying Primo grills and have one at work that we grill on. The Primo rep baked a couple of pizzas on the pizza stone and I was amazed at how good it made an ordinary pizza taste. I used to have a big green egg and I have a hibatchi style clay grill that my Grandfather used on hunting trips many decades ago. I have access to portland cement, perlite, vermiculite and mortar through work. I always enjoy building my own rather than buying something. From what I have read so far, this seems to a wealth of info for "diy". I quess now my bbq is going to have pizza oven off to one side of it.

Welcome

A lot to learn about wood fired ovens....This is a great place to hang out and get an education
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: hello from florida

Andrew,

I'm a newbee as well in Central Fl. Do you have a source for the fire bricks yet?

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Have you found a supplier who sells medium duty firebrick? I'm in S FL.

Originally posted by athorn View Post
        My name is Andrew, I llive in Winter Haven, Fl. I was searching for homemade brick bbq's and found this site. I work for a wholesale pool supply distributor. We recently started carrying Primo grills and have one at work that we grill on. The Primo rep baked a couple of pizzas on the pizza stone and I was amazed at how good it made an ordinary pizza taste. I used to have a big green egg and I have a hibatchi style clay grill that my Grandfather used on hunting trips many decades ago. I have access to portland cement, perlite, vermiculite and mortar through work. I always enjoy building my own rather than buying something. From what I have read so far, this seems to a wealth of info for "diy". I quess now my bbq is going to have pizza oven off to one side of it.

Comment

Hi..This angelina..I found this forum when i was searching for the diamond blades..And this forum gives a lot of stuff on wood fired ovens..

Comment

Hi..I got this forum when i was searching for diamond blades on the net..This forum gives a lot of information about the wood fired ovens..I hope i can learn more things from this forum..

Comment

Working...
            X