Intro - and new oven in TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro - and new oven in TN

Hi - I'm new to the forum and have just completed an Alan Scott Artisan oven in Tennessee. I hired one of Alan's former apprentices through the Ovencrafters website and he has very recently finished work on the oven.

It's located in an area with lots of naturally-occurring fieldstone, so we used that as cladding. We also built a cedar shake roof with extra room under it for a grill and room to maneuver.

This is my second Alan Scott oven. Years ago we built one at a property in the Hudson Valley of NY. Unfortunately, we moved away from NY and the oven eight years ago and I've been pining for one ever since.

We just finished the curing fires and have not yet cooked in this new oven yet. Here's a picture of it. As soon as I figure out the workings of this forum, I will post a series of pictures that show the progression of our construction project.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1696.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	317786

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1711.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	626.2 KB
ID:	317787

Welcome Ethel

You have a nice looking oven there

A complete account of your oven's build would fit the best in This Forum.

I'm interested in the size of your oven, the door/oven height ratio, and how you insulated it.

Do you have any favorite recipes from using your old oven?
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: Intro - and new oven in TN

Thanks for the pointer. I'll move my post over to the "Other Ovens" forum.

Comment

Working...
      X