Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'Day from NSW Australia

Hi everyone

My name is Pip and i've finally joined up after many years of lurking in the background and having the main web site saved to my favorites

I've always been interested in making my own WFO but haven't really had the area to put one, but by the end of the year I will be moving into a new place with a far more practical back yard where I can play to my hearts content!!

I will be researching and picking all your brains over the coming months and will most likely be building something early next year......Very much looking forward to it.

I love cooking and especially love cooking outside. I use my BBQ at least 3 times a week, and I have made a slow cooker/smoker called a UDS (ugly drum smoker), which I use a few times a month as well. I'm not to far off buying a professional smoker set up to really get my love of smoked food to another level.

I can see myself going through everything in this forum over the coming days & weeks to really work out which way I want to head with the style and size of WFO that will be best of me!!

Thanks everyone
    Reality is only an illusion brought on by a lack of alcohol!!!

Re: G'Day from NSW Australia

Working at an Aluminium Smelter, we have large amounts of refractory bricks and tiles, and the motor to go with it........

So with that in mine I have been talking with the refractory supervisor and I should be able to get any number of bricks and how ever much motor I need at a dramatically reduced price....Maybe even free if I'm lucky Will get it all and store it on my parents property for safe keeping until i'm ready to build.

I'm bloody happy about this new turn of events as it lets me spend the money on getting decorative tiles and more bench space, and generally making the whole thing look more pretty
    Last edited by moyboy; 07-12-2011, 04:07 PM. Reason: 5th grade spelling level

Comment

DONT use any secondhand bricks, they could have nasties from the smelter, espescially from chimney stacks.

Comment

thanks for the reply Johny, and yeah I wasn't planning on it.....all the brick I will get will be straight from the factory still on the pallet

Comment

Working...
        X