new in Texas.. oven/smoker combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new in Texas.. oven/smoker combo?

have new home plans and contrcution within next year, going to build oven with house ( while i have access to leftover materials)

i am looking to make a brick smoker/ pizza oven combo... each will be its own unit, but share a common base. anybody ever done/seen this?

Re: new in Texas.. oven/smoker combo?

Why not smoke in the oven?
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

You could, I guess, but for both hot and cool smoking you want a specific design that would not work in the oven. I have seen pictures here of both on the same base, so it has been done. Just make sure they do not share a common wall and insulate between them.

Comment

above is correct. for brisket i dont think smoking in the oven would work. i am trying to design an offset smoker set in brick on one side, with the pizza oven on top a counter surface, but on the other side. any ideas?

Comment

Sound like you are on the right track keeping the units separate, its really going to come down to the space available and your preference for placement. Any chance of some type of sketch of the area? We have had some kick ass designs on the forum, if you give these guys some specifics to work with I am sure that you can get some expert guidance.

RT

Comment

Working...
          X