Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy and my new portable brick oven in Oregon

Hello all,

I'm new to wood fired and brick ovens, so forgive if I use wrong terminology or otherwise miss speak.

Prior to becoming a maintenance mechanic at a glass factory, I spent 25 years as a pastry chef in small bakeries. The love of baking is bringing me back to baking. I've always enjoyed cooking and baking but with only the wife and I, cooking and baking for only the two of us gets boring. Something led me to look up wood burning, brick ovens and then I started thinking of designing and building my own but a portable version!

Yesterday, I invited friends over for a backyard Pizza party. Made up a batch of Sourdough from my own starter day before and had many ingredients ready to go. I had six different pizzas in mind, including a dessert pizza. Lit the fire about an hour prior to guests arriving, an hour after they arrived I started baking. In batches of two pizzas, we had a feast! I picked the toppings and let no one know what was coming next, only told guests not to fill up as more were coming. After a couple hours of gorging on hearth baked pizzas, my guests gave a huge Thank You and asked when next part will be :-)

After I post some pics, I'll offer up details of my oven design. My avitar pic is of my portable oven.

Dan

Re: New guy and my new portable brick oven in Oregon

Heh! Alright! Someone right down the road from me. gmchm

Comment

Working...
    X