Ryan from Southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan from Southern California

Hello everyone. My name is Ryan. I live in Apple Valley,California. I built my own oven a little more than a year ago. My wife and children really enjoy our evenings around the oven. The oven is 30"wide by 36" deep. I was told
    "Go big...or Go home" We have cooked many pizzas in it, even have come up with some tasty new creations. We have cooked pork roasts, cookies, snack sticks, breads and are just getting into drying vegetables. Particularly tomatoes. Trial and error. I am a part of a great BBQ forum Smoked-Meat.com.
    Here I have documented the entire building process. I will post a link to the thread. I am looking forward to learning and sharing here.

The road to a wood fired oven - Smoked-Meat.com

This is a look at our outdoor cooking area.

OH! I forgot to mention the fritattas we enjoy, from our oven. Mainly fired by olive wood ,when we cook. Cooked this with the stored thermal heat the next day. 300?, depending on the season, in the morning after a good burn the night before.
    Thanks for looking.
    Ryan
    Purveyor of smoke 'n fire.

Re: Ryan from Southern California

Looking good!

That is a great looking fritatta
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: Ryan from Southern California

Ryan I realy enjoyed going through your build, you did a fantatic job. My brother lives in Apple Valley, enjoy going up there to see him.
      "You can tell a dutchman,
      but you can't tell him much"

Comment

Working...
      X