larger oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• larger oven

hello all i need your help if i take the 42 inch plans as my bible what is the formula for the number of bricks needed for every extra inch i add to the cooking space???? say a 54 inch floor space .. whats the formula for hight vs opening size ??? thanks

Re: larger oven

I don't think there is a formula for brick usage. Only general guidelines since virtually every oven is cut differently. SketchUp (free) is a useful software tool in mocking up your oven down to the last brick and will give you exact dimensions of everything.

Comment

Take half the volume of the interior sphere from half the volume of the exterior sphere and this will give you the volume of the brick oven wall. Next you'll need to take out the entry to the dome, add back the brickwork in the entry and the floor. I think I used somewhere around 280 bricks and I know I calculated the amount and put it in a thread.. I'll add the link when I find it.. Ah, here you are..

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...did-12611.html

I don't know how much this thread answers you question but it should give you a way to estimate about what you'll need. Post 12 shows my math.

Chris
      Last edited by SCChris; 11-01-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

-What ever you think you will need, you will end up using more anyway. Just get started, that's what I say.
        -What do you need that big of an oven for anyway. 54 " is a sh*t load of space. If your mostly making pizzas, they cook so fast you don't need a huge oven. It's hard for even the most experienced cooks to have more than 3 pizzas in the oven at a time (and build more pizzas). If your baking bread, I could see how it would be nice, but that's sill a lot of bread.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          -What ever you think you will need, you will end up using more anyway. Just get started
          That's how I did mine. I bought a car load of bricks to get started then I was able to make estimates as I went along.

You're talking about a big oven. Commercial use perhaps?
          Ken H. - Kentucky
          42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
          Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

yes i am opening a 20 seater pizzeria in march so i want to cook pizzas and other dishes as well and we will also have a indoor bbq does any one think it could be smaller?? or is it about right

Comment

Originally posted by smallholder123 View Post
              yes i am opening a 20 seater pizzeria in march so i want to cook pizzas and other dishes as well and we will also have a indoor bbq does any one think it could be smaller?? or is it about right
              Very exciting, can't wait to see the oven, & the rest of the pizzeria!
              Boom Shanker! (Neil - The Young Ones)

Comment

That will be a nice size oven. Because it'll be in a restaurant setting, heating up that much mass won't be to much of an issue. It'll be hot all the time.
                Ken H. - Kentucky
                42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Off the top of my head the door height to dome height is 63%...someone chime in here. Don't think your oven too large..you will be glad when you have a little extra room for getting wood in, ash piles, etc while still baking pizzas with room to get away or closer to flames or find the sweet spot in the floor.
                  Trying to learn what I can about flours, fermentation and flames...

My 81 inch first build; http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f37/...ost-11354.html

My 52 inch mobile; http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f37/...ing-20874.html

our FB page; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Artys...20079718042660

Comment

Working...
                  X