New Oven Enthusiast In Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Oven Enthusiast In Arizona

Well hello to you all. I joined this forum in hopes of meeting new people that I can learn from. I spent a year building up my first wood fired oven and have plans to build an entire wood fired outdoor kitchen. Since I had gotten quite a bit of information and inspiration from the Pompeii Oven Plans I thought it only right to share my experiences in return.

Ok so a quick note about me. I really enjoy cooking of all sorts but, wood fire cooking is my favorite. So far in my first oven I've cooked breads, casseroles, beef and pork roasts, chickens, turkey, vegetables and of course homemade pizza. I've even pulled coals out onto the hearth to roast chilies, onions and garlic.

I was a firefighter / EMT but, I was injured and permanently disabled. So my plans of having my oven and outdoor kitchen built seemed to go down hill fast. So I started researching and found some clay oven options. So I applied the information I researched and began planning my first oven. Then my kids and I began collecting materials and built our first oven. I've been detailing the building processes ups and downs on my blog earthkitchenproject.blogspot.com.

I'm very interested in other peoples experiences with their ovens and wood fire cooking. I know there's still a lot out there for me to learn and try.
    Desertfireman

"Sitting around a fire together for hundreds of thousands of years is a big part of what makes us human." ~Unknown Author

I invite anyone to check out my outdoor kitchen project that was inspired by the Pompeii Oven plans at Earth Kitchen Project. Keep on cooking with wood!

Re: New Oven Enthusiast In Arizona

G'day desert bloke! Good to see someone else coming into the fold. Love your signature about 'sitting around the fire'.

Looking at your blog, I can understand your username. I live in a quite wet & cold part of Australia, but love it nonetheless!

Cheers,

Russell.
    Boom Shanker! (Neil - The Young Ones)

Comment

Working...
    X