Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all from Aussie

G'day everyone, (good day for non-aussies ),
    i have just joined up and cant wait to explore this Forno pizza oven forum. I live on the gold coast (east coast of Aus) & am currently in the middle of building my very own pizza oven.
    My oven is a mould type of oven, (is this what they call a Pompeii style oven?),with 3" fire brick flooring and surrounds. Currently i have built the base and i'm in the middle of laying the top of the bench down with tiles, ready for the oven to be built. I dont have any photos as yet, but i know its nice to see what other people are doing, so i will get some pics on here as soon as i can work out how to get them on here.
    I have helped my father in-law build a mould type of oven before, so i am aware of the basic idea and build method of the oven, its just all the not so common things to know about building your own oven that i need to study on.
    With me now joining up with you guys, this will give me lots to read and hopefully answers answered.
    I know there is some other Aussies here on this site, if there is anyone that is interested, i would love for others to come see my oven and give any pointers if i'm doing anything wrong, and would also love to see their oven in action.
    I cant wait to look at other peoples ovens, and their build techniques and ideas.
    theres a lot (a real lot) i've got to learn, and hopefully i can learn enough and get as much information from you guys before i stuff my very first oven up.
    As a new comer, you always have so much to ask and so much to learn, i just hope if i do ask anything i dont ask stupid questions, or questions that have been answered 1000 times before.
    So thats me in a nutshell, keen to listen, keen to learn, let the pizza building begin
    Aussie Pete

250th Aussie on this forum...."so i was told"

Re: Hi all from Aussie

Hi,i'm Aiden and just joined today to this forum.One of my friend tell me about this site.I seen some interesting threads and posts so I thought I would sign up...Looking forward to learning and sharing from the community.
    Aiden8100

Comment

Hi Aiden, i'm very new also, i've been frantically searching & re-searching oven material, and i can tell you, there is more than enough information here to build any type of structure you desire.
      Everyones helpful, and informative and best of all...its all free.
      Have you started your oven, or just doing some ground work first.
      what kind of oven would you like to build?
      I cant personally give you too much info, because i'm only just starting to build my first oven myself.
      When you do start your oven, it would be nice to show everyone a build log with photos. you'll probably get some great advice as you go that you may not of thought of before starting.

Aussie pete
      Aussie Pete

Comment

Hi Pete and welcome aboard.
        You're right, I have a list making you the 250th Aussie who have contributed to this forum since I became a member.
        There is a wealth of information,some conflicting but be careful not to get "information overload". Read and absorb, use the search button for your more specifics as your query more than likely has been addressed before, sometimes often and other members are reluctant to repeat and go over old information. Seek out a few builders and read their build(s), email them direct (through their detailed page) and by all means ask questions BUT get those pictures up.

Cheers

Neill
        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
        Neill’s kitchen underway
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

thanks Neill, i might just have to put the "250th" status under each of my posts, (as a signature) that is a worthy piece of information there..... (and.....how do i do that? )
          I agree with you that there is a multitude of usefull information, but i also need to be careful not to upset people by asking questions that have been answered 1000 times before. Emailing direct could be a good idea. (note to self...search as much as possible to avoid upsetting to many people)
          Anyway, thanks again Neill, i will now go and have a look at your oven.
          I will put up some pics of my build as soon as i can get my camera working.

Aussie pete
          Aussie Pete

Comment

just thought i would show you all my new signature..."i worked it out "
            Aussie Pete

Comment

It looks like you are finding your way around this great forum with ease.
              Enjoy!!!

Neill
              Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
              Neill’s kitchen underway
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Hi Number 250 welcome aboad, one thing you will never be on this forum is just a number everyone is so helpful just like 1 big family so welcome brother. Enjoy
                Ps I,m in Perth

Comment

Hi Barhen, thanks for that.
                  Aussie Pete

Comment

Yes, a big welcome from Tassie. The forum is full of interesting and helpful advice. Remember there are no such things as dumb questions.

Comment

Originally posted by barhen View Post
                      Hi Number 250 welcome aboad, one thing you will never be on this forum is just a number everyone is so helpful just like 1 big family so welcome brother. Enjoy
                      Ps I,m in Perth
                      Nawwhh, thats so sweet...... i think Im going to puke.....
                      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

aawww c'mon Al...you gotta love the comradary...
                        Aussie Pete

Comment

Originally posted by aussie pete View Post
                          aawww c'mon al...you gotta love the comradary...
                          Gisa hug then.....
                          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Bwahahahahah......
                            Aussie Pete

Comment

HI 250
                              Not sure of my number, been lerking here for a while now,
                              Now the hugs are over, How's the oven planning/building going?
                              I am just up the road from you and in a similar position in my build. I have the stand build, rending started, damm rain but still not sure about the oven it's self. I am looking at cast in place, full fire brick build or just get the diy kit from bunnings....
                              What are your oven plans?
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X