Newby questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby questions

1. Do the floor bricks need to be set in fireclay when using FB Board as the surface is already smooth and level, and do the need to be mortared together?
    2. Can Sair Set be used inside the oven and should the dome outside be covered in other than Sair Set?
    3. What levels the landing with the floor( or in other words what offsets the FB Board thickness in the landing and vent floor?

Re: Newby questions

Originally posted by TLS View Post
    1. Do the floor bricks need to be set in fireclay when using FB Board as the surface is already smooth and level, and do the need to be mortared together?
    2. Can Sair Set be used inside the oven and should the dome outside be covered in other than Sair Set?
    3. What levels the landing with the floor( or in other words what offsets the FB Board thickness in the landing and vent floor?
    1. As long as the top surface of the firebricks is flat and fairly smooth, you don't need anything between the insulation and the oven floor. NO! do not mortar the floor bricks.
    2. I have no experience with Sair set. You should search for Sair Set and read for your answer if no one chimes in.
    3. I placed my landing floor on the same insulation as the oven floor, there was no 'leveling' issue.
    HTH
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
    X