Body from central Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body from central Texas

I'm new to the forum but have found it incredibly helpful! I have learned so much that I need to quit reading and start building. The CD from Forno is well worth the price and offer many thanks to them for this wealth of info. I am In central Texas, Dripping Springs, just out of Austin.

Re: Body from central Texas

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

pdqtom, have you started the building process yet? or started to a mass the items needed?
      knowledge is contagious, spread the infection!!!

Comment

Hi PdqTom,
        Welcome to Forno Bravo! Our community is filled with active and pleasant members who are more than happy to help you with any questions.

Good luck on your journey!

Comment

Hello Pdqtom,

Welcome to the forum! Please post some pictures if you have started your build we would love to see. If you have not started when you do keep us in the loop with your progress.

Happy Building!
          Amber @ Forno Bravo

Comment

Hello Pdqtom

You must be pretty special to have, count them, TWO welcomes from Fornobravo Hq. Never seen that before.

Tscarborough is your man for materials.
            Last edited by Lburou; 10-24-2012, 03:14 PM.
            Lee B.
            DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome from all! I have begun construction and had a set back with the insulation getting wet and taking over two weeks to dry out. I deconstructed the floor and insulation and built an extension roof off of my existing deck roof, which was the original plan. I just did not want to work around posts and under a close roof for the oven construction. I began a construction thread under "Central Texas Build". I figured out how to pos photos from my iPad finally and will now update with the new finished roof. Gutters are being installed this Saturday to further divert runoff. I plan to attach temp side curtains until the masonry becomes "dried in". I have 4" on ceramic fiber insulation under the floor and when it got wet it became somewhat soft. The expense of the stuff made me shy to try tarps or temp covers as any leak and the stuff wicks the moisture something crazy!
              I have met Tscarbrough and purchased my brick and mortar from him. He is very personable and knowledgeable.
              Again, thanks for the welcome and encouragement. This forum and the folks at FB are remarkable.
              moT

Comment

Working...
              X