Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from NoVa

Hi All,

I'm located in Northern Virginia and just joined the Forno Bravo forum a few weeks ago and I have been lurking for about a month. I'm new to wood fired ovens but when I found this site and realized I could build one I knew it was somthing I wanted out in my yard to be able to cook in and enjoy. I'm excited about the thoughts of cooking my own pizza and bread and all the other meals that can be prepared in a WFO. Unfortunately I will have to wait a little while as in reality this project for me is a year or two away. But in the mean time I am absorbing all the knowledge I can from this forum to hopefully build a stove that will be able to come close to all the others I have seen on this forum.

I?m still trying to understand all that goes into designing and building a WFO which brings me to one of my first, of I?m sure many, questions? Not that I have anything against pencil and paper but where does everyone get the CAD software for designing their WFO. I?d love to be able to design down to the detail I?ve seen in these drawings. Are these folk?s professionals in the CAD field or is there some software out there that the average guy can learn and use that I haven?t been able to find?

Welcome

Many use the free Google sketchup.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: Hello from NoVa

Thanks Lburou,

I've heard of sketchup but never dabbled in it to ever see what it could really do.

Also great "Advice" link. Looks like more good reading ahead of me!

Comment

Working...
      X