Hello from Phoenix AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Phoenix AZ

Ok, my next project is a pizza oven. My last one was setting up the equipment to make craft beer at home. That checkmark has been checked(and checked, and checked...), and now ready to make the pizza to go with it. Totally stoked (no pun intended). I am in my 30s with three little kids at home. The wife is supportive (important) in this new venture. I am a Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers fan, but please don't hold it against me.

Looking forward to reading through posts and figuring out the basics. I have attached a picture of the location of my oven in my backyard. Thank you guys ahead of time for the content you have already posted and helping me along the way.

My preliminary questions (will be searching this site) are:

1. how to choose a proper location
    2. Can I build a 42" oven that I can have as "semi-mobile"? I don't want to live in this house forever, but I want this brick oven forever, you know?

Thanks guys (and gals)

Welcome

If you want an oven that will move with you, perhaps an oven with wheels from the fornobravo store would suit you.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: Hello from Phoenix AZ

Just checked our your organized archive...very nice.

I think it is just more likely to build another one if I move. Looks like I have lots of research ahead of me.

Comment

"I don't want to live in this house forever, but I want this brick oven forever, you know?"

I would just leave it. Add it to the price of your house or as a selling factor.

Use the proceeds to build another, better, oven with the skills you will end up with.

Comment

Sound advice, thanks!

Comment

Thanks to C5dad, for letting me see his nice buiild. I learned a lot and feel much more prepared. Here is a link (just started) to my WFO build:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/f...ild-17591.html

Comment

Working...
            X