Hello from Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Michigan

My name is Jeff and I'm researching wood fired brick ovens, to build one myself. I've read The Bread Builders, and then got onto this site and am leaning more toward the quicker-heating dome-shaped pizza style oven. I want to bake bread more than just pizzas, but want to use as little wood as possible to do it, since I also heat the house with wood. No commercial-sized venture, just a few loaves a week. Living in the great, often white, north, I'd like to be able to use it in the winter without clearing a ton of snow to get to and fire it up. So I'm looking at various ways to make at least the landing area an indoor feature. Don't think I'm ready to remodel the house for it, but I could incorporate it into the wood shop addition I'm planning for my wood shed, or a free-standing unit close to the house. I've got lots of construction experience and pretty good masonry skills. Just looking for a cost-effective way to build a multipurpose oven. From what I've read, this is a great forum with many helpful members. Glad to be a part of it.

Re: Hello from Michigan

Welcome Bread-Fruit........you should be able to find any info you need on here....just not from me..as I'm a newbie myself....I only have the base poured so far....but LOVE Michigan, and would live there if it didn't get so Freakin' cold in the winter....Good Luck on your build......

Comment

Re: Hello from Michigan

Thanks buckeye. Though this winter has been unusually mild, I'm planning to build for the worst, or at least a normal winter. Where in Ohio? My lovely bride is from the Akron area. Look forward to seeing pics of your project.

Comment

Working...
      X