Just starting our outdoor oven adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just starting our outdoor oven adventure

We're Ama and Papa. We love to cook outdoors, whether in our backyard or camping. Papa built a full sized pig roaster a couple of years ago, used it a couple of times, then repurposed much of it and a couple other wood, coal and gas burning units we had, to make one very versatile (and large) "grill" that works great. Now we're expanding our outdoor cooking facilities and are ready to start our adobe oven within the next few weeks. Ama (me) will design and Papa will employ his vast building skills to execute while I supervise. I am taking a class in Grand Marais, MN in July 2012, about baking with ancient grains and hearth baking. We've already gained a great deal of knowledge from reviewing others' posts on this forum. We'll also post photos and details as we progress.

Welcome

You have come to the right place to study about wood fired ovens and hearth breads.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: Just starting our outdoor oven adventure

Hi Ama & Papa,
      I have a sidewalk superintendent too. Lburou has compiled a great collection of links to wfo builds on this forum. Look under newbie section for treasure archives, it is a great resource for ideas and techniques for building wfos. Welcome aboard.

Russell
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
      X