New and excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and excited

New to the wood fired oven arena...had a primavera 60 given to me, pick it up hopefully this next week. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning, I can't wait to start cooking. Hope to learn lots from all of you.

Matt

Re: New and excited

Welcome to the addictig site of WFOs. FireCapt??, fitting name for a WFOs. Lots of good ideas, knowledge on this site.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

We just completed our wood pizza oven, waiting for concrete to dry then need spark arrester and we are ready to start our 7 days of burning. Any suggestions for tools? Saw some one had log holder, where do you find them? looking for any ideas to help first pizza to be a great one!

Comment

I've got the primavera 70 bought this year....FANTASTIC oven. Couldn't be happier and use it all the time. Honestly, I can't imagine needing anything bigger at this point, this little oven fits my needs perfectly.

Comment

Well I finally got it! Took a bit longer and the wait was killing me, but I'm the new owner of a very slightly used Primavera 60! Best part is that I can start using is immediately since it's already be seasoned. I love this forum and want to try to make so many different things, I know this WFO is going to take our family backyard time to a whole new level. Thanks everyone for all the great info, hopefully I will be able to contribute something soon.

m

Comment

Originally posted by firecapt View Post
            Best part is that I can start using is immediately since it's already be seasoned.
            Youll still have to cure it.....
            The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Bad choice in words on my part...it's already been cured since it's used.

Comment

Congratulations FireCapt! We hope you enjoy your oven! Take a look at our online recipes as well as recipes post in the forum by our wonderful community. With the holidays getting closer, you'll find fantastic recipes you can share with your family and friends.

Happy Cooking!

Comment

Youll still have to cure it.
                  The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Obviously I'm missing something then...my understanding was once the oven had been cured it didn't need to be done again, especially since it's been used for the past year on a somewhat regular basis, and although I refered to it as slightly used, it has already been cured. It's last meal from the previous owner was last week. So if I'm not correct in my thinking, could someone please advise me otherwise.

Comment

You are correct in your thinking. Its been cured. The oven doesn't know or care that it has a new owner

Comment

Originally posted by ronh View Post
                        You are correct in your thinking. Its been cured. The oven doesn't know or care that it has a new owner
                        Maybe you have to exorcise some of its demons with fire.
                        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by firecapt View Post
                          Obviously I'm missing something then...my understanding was once the oven had been cured it didn't need to be done again, especially since it's been used for the past year on a somewhat regular basis, and although I refered to it as slightly used, it has already been cured. It's last meal from the previous owner was last week. So if I'm not correct in my thinking, could someone please advise me otherwise.
                          I think Brickie just wasn't aware that the Primavera 60 is a free-standing unit (on a stand). I'm assuming he was thinking that you'd be putting a used module system in place onto a new concrete/insulation pad...in which you would need some additional curing for the new hearth floor slab.

I'd still go a bit slow at first just so you get the hang of that nice little oven and its firing/heating profile...relax & enjoy! Maybe invite the previous owner over for some training tips, pizza, and an adult beverage for the first firing at the WFO's new home.
                          Last edited by SableSprings; 08-24-2012, 02:37 PM.
                          Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
                          Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
                          Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
                          Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X