Brick ovens in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick ovens in Canada

I checked our web site visitor statistics, and found something interesting. 20% of our visitors during a period of time yesterday were from Canada. If the population of the states is about 300M, and Canada is about 33M, then you would expect to see less than 10% Canadian visitors (allowing for other countries visiting the site). Plus, it's winter.

Any theories on this? Perhaps folks dreaming of spring.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Brick ovens in Canada

Cabin Fever...have you looked at the weather there?? It used to be the population went up about 9 months from now )). Now there's the internet to keep the guys busy...
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

James, XJ,

Ever wonder why Canada produces such great comedians? You, like John Candy, must have a highly developed sense of irony and absurdity to put up with winter. Temp changes, hour to hour, are just like mood swings, believe me .

On the real side, I think Canadians in general are just now finding out about the possibilities of residential pizza and bread ovens. In the Toronto area, the largest population base in the country, there are only about half a dozen bread ovens like mine. True, there are many commercial wood-fired pizza restaurants, quite a few residential ovens among the Italian and Portugese communities, and Tandoor ovens among the Indians and Pakastanis, but hardly any among the general population. Also, new and sometimes very grand houses are being built in areas to the north of the city.

Add to this the recent coverage of artisan breads and home baking in the press, both magazines and newspapers, and you have increased interest here. Seems to me the time is right.

Jim
      "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

CJ

I still wonder what James was asking.....20% traffic from Canada eh? But 1/10 the population of the US....I see no specific reason why the Canadians show more interest in WFO's than Americans.....

....unless they've heard about your bread oven successes...

XJ
        sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

XJ,

Well, overall, we're a lot more concerned with warmth.

CJ
          "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Working...
          X