Hi from York, UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from York, UK

Just started researching next summers project (hopefully).

I LOVE pizza and am really looking forwards to recreating the ones we had on the Amalfi coast.

This is a great resource.

Hope to be posting progress pics in 2013.

Cheers,

Paul

Re: Hi from York, UK

Hi Paul
    Welcome, just a quick question - what are the price of cinder blocks / breeze blocks back there. I am an ex pat and they are asking equivilent of 3 quid each (just noticed I dont have a pound sign key on my keyboard either, doh)?
    All the best with your project, I have just laid a base for mine, see the gallery
    Cheers - Andy Bring on summer

Comment

Hi Andy,

I must admit to not looking at breeze blocks yet. Just been planning the dome.
      Hopefully we will be having an extension built next year, so I will probably get the builders to pour the foundation and build the base. I'll take over to pour the hearth and construct the dome.

Still need to finalise my ideas, but fancy an igloo design decorated in mosaics as I have seen on here.

From a quick search:

Breeze blocks: approx ?1.50 each, but depends on size

Firebricks: ?1.29 each from Firebricks

Hopefully this year we will have a summer!

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

paul,
        If you haven't already, download the free FornoBravo pompeli plans. It is a great baseline to help you plan your oven. Looking forward to seeing your build in 2013.
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
        X