Thanksgiving 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving 2012

Forno Bravo would like to wish our wonderful FB forum members a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Our thoughts go out to the Hurricane Sandy victims and hope they find a silver lining during this difficult time.

Please send in photos of your holiday turkeys and dishes in your WFOs!!

Gobble! Gobble!

Re: Thanksgiving 2012

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Here's our Thanksgiving meal...
    The turkey is based on Mr Chipster's turkey:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f12/...tml#post122694

We had pizza last night (Wed night) along with hot apple cider and plenty of blankets. This morning, the Old Kentucky Dome was a perfect 450F. We started with the turkey, two loaves of cinnamon bread (left over pizza dough) and two pumpkin pies that our two oldest kids whipped together.

After the bread and pies were done we replaced them with stuffing, sweet potato casserole, scalloped potatoes and stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. The bird turned out beautifully; I never needed to cover it. Our guests thought it was the most moist turkey they have ever had.
    Last edited by Ken524; 11-22-2012, 07:54 PM.
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	thanksgiving bread 2012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	292362

I did not cook thanksgiving dinner this year, we went to Mom's and Dads. But I baked some Challah for my contribution to the meal. The rolls are for anticipated left over's.

Hope everyone had a great day with family and friends.

Comment

Very nice looking baked goods. That looks like a serious mixer in the background.
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Thanks Russell. Yes that is a Univex 30 quart. Its quite handy when making big batches for the WFO.

Comment

Working...
          X