Clayburn firebrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clayburn firebrick

Hi, I am starting to put together the material for a WFO. I found these bricks for sale used for .50 each. Can anyone confirm that these are suitable for the floor and the dome? See the picture attached. Also I am having trouble sourcing refractory cement, vermiculite, etc... in Victoria B.C. Any help is much appreciated.

Greg.

Re: Clayburn firebrick

I also should include that the bricks were from a school that was demolished. The school was originally built in 1910.

Comment

Any solid clay brick is fine for an oven. they dont last as long as refractory bricks but ok.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Thanks for for the advice Al.
        I am going with them for the dome and vent. Might have to buy new firebrick for the hearth floor as I only could get 300 of them.

Greg

Comment

300 Bricks are more than enough to build the complete oven, unless you're including an enclosure. If you're under 30 don't use them for your hearth, if you're over 40 fugitaboutit.

Comment

I bought the bricks! I was still a little worried until a sales rep from Clayburn that I emailed replied that they are in fact "medium heat firebrick" that they don't sell anymore.
            I get excited about a lot of things but saving money is a great feeling.

Still planning my 42" WFO using these bricks for the hearth floor, dome and vent.
            I am going up to my summer home next week to pour the foundation slab and will upload pics when I get back.

awesome forum!!

Greg.

Comment

Are you sure that you want this at your "Summer Home"?? I would think very seriously about that! Summer home, low priority, Home, castle! IMHO.

Comment

Summer home first, home home next!
                Still not sure about the bylaws in Victoria, not that it would stop me.

Comment

Working...
                X