• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATK406
    replied
    Re: Hello from Bathurst, Australia

Originally posted by SpottedFrog View Post
    We will definitely trying not to bock the view, but we did want to see the flames from the house.
    That's important too. I have a corner build adjacent to our deck and if I'd known how cool it was to watch the flames inside the oven, I would have turned my oven by 20 or 30 degrees to give us a better view. As it is, we can see the glow but the inside of the oven is just out of sight. Still loving it!

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

Is that "flue transition chamber" made of stainless because it looks pretty rusty.

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

Okay so the bricks in the background of the third photo above are recycled from a furnace, and just found out this arvo that it was used to heat water so should be fine to use. Most are stamped with a 'W' on one side. They are pretty heavy and measure 9" x 4.5" x 3" approx.
    We will definitely trying not to bock the view, but we did want to see the flames from the house.

Leave a comment:

• ATK406
    replied

Terriffic build site! Make sure to position the oven so that you don't block your view over that valley.

AT

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

I am slowly getting thew hang of this.
    Pics are hebal sheets with internal reinforcing, WFO site, and cap, bricks and flue transition chamber???

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

Thanks for that, I think I was also not able to post photos from my iPod, but am now on the puter. So here goes....

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

R,

Click on "Go Advance" then under "Additional Options" click on "Manage Attachments". The Moderator may restrict the number of pictures for a few post, normally 3-4 are the max number per post.

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    replied

Thanks for the welcome Russell. I have seen the treasure trove post.

Checked with council today just need to send in a plan and an exempt development application to comply with state regulations. Shouldn't be to hard though my drawing skills will be tested I am sure.

As I mentioned I have started collecting materials and have chosen my site. Here are some pictures. ....... Once I work out how to load them?????

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Welcome rosemary,
    If you haven't already look at Lburou's thread on treasure troves in the newbie section. Here you will see some of the best documented "dome" builds. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• SpottedFrog
    started a topic Hello from Bathurst, Australia

Hello from Bathurst, Australia

Hi Everyone,
    Been trolling the forum for a while now, collecting ideas and materials. Planning on a 42" Pompeii from largely reclaimed and recycled materials. Must say the thought of the top of the dome and the chimney transition are causing me some worries but I imagine I will get there in the end.
    Love all the pics people take, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. I will post some soon.
    Got my spot picked out in the yard, and finally convinced hubby that bigger is better
    cheers for now,
    Rosemary
Working...
X