External temp of the oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External temp of the oven

Hello everyone -- my name is Daren, hailing from outside Boulder, CO. I'm planning on embarking on the oven adventure here soon, but I have a question on temperature -- external -- you typically see with the ovens. I'm thinking it probably doesn't get too hot with all the insulation, but I'm not sure, and want to be sure when I figure out placement. I have a lot of trees and don't want to get too close. And anyone know where to find materials here in CO? Any help at all with this is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Re: External temp of the oven

Originally posted by djbourn View Post
    Hello everyone -- my name is Daren, hailing from outside Boulder, CO. I'm planning on embarking on the oven adventure here soon, but I have a question on temperature -- external -- you typically see with the ovens. I'm thinking it probably doesn't get too hot with all the insulation, but I'm not sure, and want to be sure when I figure out placement. I have a lot of trees and don't want to get too close. And anyone know where to find materials here in CO? Any help at all with this is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Form what I have experinced with what little time I have had with mine: The external surfaces are not much more than ambient. Where I stand while firing, warm. The exhaust coming from my chimney, hot as hades .
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks Gulf -- I thought that would be the case and appreciate the confirmation. This gives me a much better feel for placement -- I thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
        Form what I have experinced with what little time I have had with mine: The external surfaces are not much more than ambient. Where I stand while firing, warm. The exhaust coming from my chimney, hot as hades .

What he said....
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
        X