Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *waves from Virginia, USA*

Greetings, pizza oven enthusiasts!

I'm so new to pizza ovens that I don't even have one...yet! I stumbled across the Forno Bravo site while doing a search for "build your own brick oven". It was hands down the most complete, easy-to-follow site I saw. After spending a day lurking around this forum, I couldn't stand it anymore and I signed up.

Anyway, my husband and I are still weighing our options. He wants to go all out and build one ourselves... but I'm the chicken who's considering an assembled one.

Haha we should have it figured out soon, and I'll post back when we've made our choice!

Re: *waves from Virginia, USA*

Originally posted by SiroccoDream View Post
    Greetings, pizza oven enthusiasts!

I'm so new to pizza ovens that I don't even have one...yet! I stumbled across the Forno Bravo site while doing a search for "build your own brick oven". It was hands down the most complete, easy-to-follow site I saw. After spending a day lurking around this forum, I couldn't stand it anymore and I signed up.

Anyway, my husband and I are still weighing our options. He wants to go all out and build one ourselves... but I'm the chicken who's considering an assembled one.

Haha we should have it figured out soon, and I'll post back when we've made our choice!
    Waves as in a Navy Wave??

Welcome to the club!!!
    Chip
    Chip

Comment

Welcome! At first glance, it does appear to be a daunting task to build it out of brick. You are not the first. There is PLENTY of help here. The kit is obviously faster but more expensive. Either way you go, welcome to the obsession.
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I'm in SW Virginia...how about you...welcome

Comment

Hi, Mr. Chipster, but I'm afraid we're "Go Army!" in this household! Hope you won't hold it against me. Thanks for the kind welcome!

Les, you are SO right about there being a lot of help available on this forum! I already know I've lost the battle...my husband's already downloaded the Pompeii oven ebook! I'm sure we'll be building sooner rather than later.

Faith, I'm in Central Va, near Charlottesville! Just a couple hours on 81, I reckon. Nice to meet you.

My one burning question, can an oven made from the Pompeii plans roast a turkey? Pizza's great, sourdough bread's even better, but a TURKEY in my VERY OWN brick oven would blow my mother-in-law's mind when I host Thanksgiving later this year!

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
            Waves as in a Navy Wave??

Welcome to the club!!!
            Chip
            Just a guess, maybe as in, Virginia Beach, VA??
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I'm in Harrisonburg. You are more than welcome to see my oven if you would like.

I have roasted chickens, turkeys, cooked steaks...I think you can do pretty much anything you can dream up. Smoking, dehydrating, slow cooking. It is way cool to work with the oven.

A friend and I did multigrain bread last weekend after pizza the night before.

David
              "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." - Peter Clemenza

Comment

Originally posted by SiroccoDream View Post
                Faith, I'm in Central Va, near Charlottesville! Just a couple hours on 81, I reckon. Nice to meet you.

My one burning question, can an oven made from the Pompeii plans roast a turkey? Pizza's great, sourdough bread's even better, but a TURKEY in my VERY OWN brick oven would blow my mother-in-law's mind when I host Thanksgiving later this year!
                Welcome! My wife and I almost relocated to that area a few years ago...beautiful, and lots of stone! You'll see how versatile these ovens are the most you research.
                Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                John Ruskin

Comment

Working...
                X