Construction roadblocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construction roadblocks

Hello, My name is Mark. I'm from southwest Minnesota and I have started construction of a pizza oven. My progress so far is to have built up landscape blocks in 4 tiers in a circular pattern with an open front for wood storage. I've also poured the 4 in thick concrete cover over that. I ordered 2 in insulating board almost 2 yrs ago and also have the FB blanketing. I've found that the version 2.0 ebook is very helpful, but vague about some issues. I want to put a clay flue liner on top of a brick arch. I'm not an experienced mason and do not know how to support/attach the flue liner to the arch opening. What is supposed to hold up the liner? I have a 8 in square by 24 long flue liner. Arch will be 12.5 in high. Maybe I need 2 of these liners(??). For length, that is.
    I want a 42 in interior oven. With the 3 -24 by 36 FB boards, I will have to cut and fit in. Not sure about placement of the boards.
    Should the opening of the oven be the recommended opening size? Or is this the opening size that the door rests against? So, that the outer opening needs to be larger than the recommended opening?
    We have a big get-together the end of July, need to be done by then (haha). Thanks for any input!!

Re: Construction roadblocks

Hi Mark,

Go to the Newbie section and look for a thread by Lburou called Forno Bravo treasures, this thread has links so a dozen or so well documented threads for building WFO pompeli ovens. This is a good place to do your research and to get help beyond the plans.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
    X