Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Georgia

Hello,

My name is Victor and I am happy to have found this forum, such a great wealth of information. I live in Canton, Georgia, originally from NYC. My parents were both born in Italy and we have always talked about building an authentic WFO.

I would love to start this project soon and look forward to this adventure!

The first thing I am trying to find out is if a permit is required in Georgia (Cherokee County) for pouring a reinforced concrete slab for the WFO. I read somewhere that it is not required if the slab is not attached to the house or deck.
    Any builders from Georgia?

Re: Newbie in Georgia

Just heard from the building dept and they said no permit is required if the slab is uncovered. Hmmm, wonder if an enclosure for the WFO would be considered "covered"...

Comment

Originally posted by super80 View Post
      Just heard from the building dept and they said no permit is required if the slab is uncovered. Hmmm, wonder if an enclosure for the WFO would be considered "covered"...
      In my town a slab/structure of less than 120 sq ft does not require a permit. And 15 ft from combustables for a BBQ grill - nothing defined in legislation for a WFO.

Chip
      Last edited by mrchipster; 05-20-2013, 10:36 AM.
      Chip

Comment

Dumb question:
        Are live, very tall trees considered "combustibles"? I assume yes

Comment

I would think yes if in front or over the oven. I would check with the local fire department.

Chip
          Chip

Comment

Originally posted by super80 View Post
            Dumb question:
            Are live, very tall trees considered "combustibles"? I assume yes
            They sure are, cut them up, let them dry and then chuck em in the oven.
            The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
            X