best isulation for a mobile oven in perth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best isulation for a mobile oven in perth

Hi everyone , im new to the forum, i live in perth australia, and me and my wife have a mobile pizza catering businnes,after our first good season now it's time to upgrade the trailer and oven.
    I would love a pizza bravo oven but they are just too expensive to send here in perth, so im trying to build one on my own, now my problem is whats the best way to build the insulation under the oven on the trailer? for example concrete, bricks, tiles ecc.ecc. i'm very confuse regarding insulation, there are so many ideas and way on the net that is close to impossible understand which one to believe.
    so i would like to ear from you guys whats your idea.
    thanks christian

Re: best isulation for a mobile oven in perth

I own a mobile wood fired business in the US. Under the hearth, use a ceramic fiber board. I have two inches of this material under my hearth. Over the dome, use a ceramic fiber blanket. I was able to locate this material through an industrial insulation company. The board is used to insulate blast furnaces. The blanket, is used for many functions including insulating pipes that are hot. In the US, the ceramic fiber products are extremely expensive. With that said, it is worth the cost. If you get the insulation wrong, you oven will not run efficiently. For example, if there is not enough insulation under the hearth, the hearth will cool off too quickly. You will need to move the coals back onto the hearth to heat it back up, which will slow you down. If the right insulation is used and installed correctly, then you are less likely to have to move the coals back onto the middle of the hearth to heat it up.

Comment

Working...
    X