Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Architectural Plans

Hello from Texas,

I'm new to the site as well as to forum format and terminology. Could you direct me to where I can access architectural plans for building an oven at home? (This would be indoor.)

Thanks.

Ken Wood

Re: Architectural Plans

Welcome fellow Texan, there are couple of us here, jjerrier, mgraban and others I can't recall.

If you want Architectural plans specifically I'm not aware of any here on this site. You or your Architect can go to the home page of this site and on the left side you'll see a menu of items. For a modular or prefab unit scroll down to "Modular Pizza Ovens" under "Residential Ovens". For an oven built completely from scratch scroll to "Resources" and you'll find "Pompeii Brick Oven". Either can be built inside as they essentially function no differently than a fireplace. But when was the last time you had decent pizza from a fireplace?

Comment

Re: Architectural Plans

Howdy! As Stuart said, there's not really a set of architectural plans, per se. However, between the Pompeii plans and the discussion forum, you'll find enough information to put your own back-of-the-envelope plans together. The oven can be built larger or smaller to fit your space and needs.

If you're going the modular route, I'm sure that fornobravo can send you the specs you need to fit the oven into your kitchen plans.

The real architectural fun comes when it's time to finish the outside of the oven. This is up to you whether you do the modular or DIY oven, and is the stage I'm at right now.
      -Chris-
      I'm building a Pompeii Oven in Austin, Texas. See my progress at:
      Il Forno Fumoso

Comment

Working...
      X