My new Primavera 60!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Primavera 60!

I am a proud owner of a new Primavera 60! It's been a long time coming. I have had this on my wish list for some time. I hope you already know me, from visiting Pizza Quest! I've been making and taking photos of my pizzas made in my home oven for a few years now. I've had great results, but always wanted a wood fired oven for so many reasons. Well, a crate came to the house the other day and for $20 the delivery guy helped me roll it straight into my back yard and plopped it on my patio!

Here it is! I love the new color (red) that the Primavera's come in.

I have a small back yard, so this is perfect. I've been reading the forum for some time, and I do want to build an oven some day, but this is perfect for me right now.

I've just completed my 5 Day curing schedule. It was driving me crazy! It wasn't as easy as you would think - making and maintaining low temperature fires for 5 days. The hardest part was smelling the wood burn for hours and hours and not being able to throw a pizza in there. I couldn't help myself one night and I chopped up a few potatoes, seasoned them added some butter and olive oil and wrapped them in foil and tossed them in the oven. I hated to see the heat go to waste!

I'll get into this more in another post, and definitely in more detail over on Pizza Quest, but I chose to go the Engine Hoist route when installing this thing on it's stand. It's heavy! As FB suggests, 4 people can lift it, but I didn't want to risk anyone pulling their back out - when I could rent a hoist for $25. Let me tell you, it was worth it.

To get my introduction over with sooner rather than later, here are some pictures of my first pizzas. Yesterday, the day after I finished the curing fires, I took this thing out for a test drive. It's a little nerve wracking to take it up to pizza temperatures after spending 5 days trying to maintain a smaller fire for hours on end. But, as we know, it is built to run, so you just have to go with it. Once I saw the dome clearing, my fears faded away and I was giddy with anticipation.

I know there will still be some curing time coming until the oven hits it's sweet spot. I know I will go through a lot of ups and downs as I learn to drive this thing. I already find myself thinking about how to find a deal on firewood. This is going to be a lot of fun!

Anyway, here are a few pics of my first pizzas: a basic Margherita and a "kid" pizza with salami for my daughter. The Margherita would be a kid pizza, but it has something GREEN on it! Oh my.

I had about 750 on the floor and it showed in the high 8's and 9's on the dome - depending on how big the fire on the side was going. Not bad for a first try.

The kid pizza:

I had to clean up and run after this test drive. I can't wait to fire it up again!

Re: My new Primavera 60!

Congrats, nothing like the first pizza.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

That is great-crate to pizza in 5 days! you didn't even get to clean up brick dust
      I really think if i ever have a need for another oven i will go this route instead of building. Just because of the time alone.

Texman
      Texman Kitchen
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Proud owner of a new baby...

And the pizza looks great....
        Chip

Comment

You need a hat for that flue pipe to keep out the rain. An upturned terracotta flowerpot saucer would suffice.
          Nice pizza.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
            You need a hat for that flue pipe to keep out the rain. An upturned terracotta flowerpot saucer would suffice.
            Nice pizza.
            It came with a clay pot! Has anyone attached a metal top to one of these that allows smoke out, but keeps water out as well?

Comment

Working...
            X