Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy kit or find own materials in Portland??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy kit or find own materials in Portland??

I am a newbie from Portland and I'm about to embark on building a Pompeii 42" but I'm debating whether it's worth it to purchase the kit. Somewhere the plans document it says that purchasing the kit "can actually save you money" or something to that affect. Anyone willing to give me some advice as to this?? The kits for this oven cost $1200 but does not include the base or any finishing materials; kits include from the cooking floor through the dome insulation.
    Please advise.

Re: Buy kit or find own materials in Portland??

Welcome, to the forum. You can do it for less than the cost of a kit if you can find all of your materials locally as the shipping can add up quickly. Do your own research, their are several others in your neck of the woods and I am sure some of them will chime in shortly.
    Last edited by mrchipster; 08-09-2013, 04:30 PM.
    Chip

Comment

I live in Northern California and I had no trouble sourcing materials locally for a 32inch Pompeii . I doubt you would have trouble in Portland.

When you say "kit" do you mean buying all the bricks, mortar, insulation, etc? Or do you mean buying a cast oven dome?

Comment

Source locally. The cost of shipping makes the kits not that practical.

I put together a source list for another poster in Vancouver, should work for you as well

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...tml#post149571
        My build progress
        My WFO Journal on Facebook
        My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Working...
        X