Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from League City, Texas

Hi folks,
    I have been browsing this and numerous other sites for the last year dreaming of building my own oven. Tired of waiting to get the large amount of "dough" together to go with a full fledged brick oven, I began construction of a cob oven a couple of months back. All that time to this point has been put into a solid base that will stand up over the years and be reusable should my oven not hold up, fail to meet expectations , etc.

In the near future, I'll post the picture series of the work and a bit on what I've learned. I have not cooked in wood fired ovens before but, I'm no stranger to wood cooking. A little learning curve on temps, recipes and all but looking forward to it.

Thanks for all of the information you folks have supplied that has shaped what I am doing. Hope to pay back and forward a little by sharing what I have built.

Cheers,
    Jon

Re: Howdy from League City, Texas

Welcome
    We will be looking for some pics.
    Texman
    Texman Kitchen
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Thanks will do.
      I guess there was quite a delay in the system. I made the first intro post about 2~3 weeks ago and thinking it didn't make it through (since it never popped up, posted again.

Comment

OK, the other post popped up as well now.
        Pics will be forthcoming in the Other Oven Types section.

Comment

Working...
        X