Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New oven build in Tampa Florida

Greetings from sunny Florida!

I've finally started my oven build. The plans are simple, this oven will be placed inside my pool enclosure (screen cage) I'm using pressure treated 4x6 legs with mortise and tenon 4x4 cross members to sit the concrete slab on. This oven will be able to be moved with me if needed. The oven itself will be a 36" interior with a high dome. The profile will be Igloo finished with tile.

Cheers!
    Schmitz

Re: New oven build in Tampa Florida

Welcome. All the best with your build. I am sure you will get quality advice and suport here. I will watch with interest as I am thinking of building a portable oven as a project.

Are you going to build with brick?
    Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Yes it will be brick, its gonna be heavy too! but, nothing that a Bob Cat wont handle. The legs will be detachable and made of pressure treated 4x6 lumber.
      Schmitz

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
        Welcome. All the best with your build. I am sure you will get quality advice and suport here. I will watch with interest as I am thinking of building a portable oven as a project.

Are you going to build with brick?
        Just viewed your build, veeeeery nice work! I'll be checking back with you for advice!
        Schmitz

Comment

Welcome Schmitzfl,

Your close to my neck of the woods. Ya'll come over visit sometime, although I'm sure you big city boys probably don't want to be in Polk county after dark.......LOL

I'll help ya if and anyway I can.
          Look forward to watching your progress, can't wait to see some pics.
          Respectfully,

KB

My build
          Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Kbartman is in Orlando, Bruce is in Tally, & I am in Gainesville. KB is your best bet when it comes to building w/a pool enclosure. I built a composite modular from FB & put it on a trailer, and Bruce built a stationary model in the yard. My area now has 3 mobile ovens. 2 from FB kits and a cob oven. It's weird, but we all have different styles of pizza as well but are all going for the same thing by trying to use as much local as possible produce, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
              Welcome Schmitzfl,

Your close to my neck of the woods. Ya'll come over visit sometime, although I'm sure you big city boys probably don't want to be in Polk county after dark.......LOL

I'll help ya if and anyway I can.
              Look forward to watching your progress, can't wait to see some pics.
              We do just fine after dark in Polk,, Thanks for the warm welcome.
              Schmitz

Comment

Originally posted by kkgator View Post
                Kbartman is in Orlando,
                I wouldn't be caught dead in Orlando, especially during rush hour. Although I do sneak in at night from time to time.

Originally posted by Schmitzfl View Post
                We do just fine after dark in Polk,, Thanks for the warm welcome.
                I guess you never been caught ahh..... Just be carful the posse is on the loose.

Thought about the height of your chimney and the screen above. I've had a grill beneath my for years, but decided I would vent above with my WFO. Just wanted to error on the side of safety.
                Respectfully,

KB

My build
                Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
                  I wouldn't be caught dead in Orlando, especially during rush hour. Although I do sneak in at night from time to time.

I guess you never been caught ahh..... Just be carful the posse is on the loose.

Thought about the height of your chimney and the screen above. I've had a grill beneath my for years, but decided I would vent above with my WFO. Just wanted to error on the side of safety.

No worries, I always have my little friend with me when I go to Polk,,

I'm tossing "in the cage" or "outside the cage" around,,, I?m not sure what I'll do,, If I go inside, then I'll place a collar in the screen for the stack to go up and through. I like how you have yours, in and out. My big problem with that type is with the igloo style that I want,,,, how do I transition the screen and the WFO.
                  Schmitz

Comment

Working...
                  X