Favorite magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite magazines

Christo just sent me to a very cool website called Makezine. We have asked them if they would be interested in doing an oven project -- which I think would fit in nicely there.

That made me think. If anyone has a favorite magazine where they think it would be a good fit to talk about a brick oven project, let me know. We will get in touch with them. Let's get the word out.

Thanks.
    James
    Last edited by james; 03-21-2007, 07:29 AM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Favorite magazines

James,

There are several in Ontario that would fit the bill. The first, unlikely as it may sound at first, is called Food & Drink, backed by the ever taxing Liquor Control Board of Ontario. The editor's name is Jody Dunn, and the email address is foodanddrink@lcbo.com. It's a pretty slick mag and tends to the high end.

The second is Toronto Life, very hip, foody, trendy. They're a bit close mouthed about contact info, but you could reach them at editorial@torontolife.com.

It may be that I can come up with one or two more; waiting on info.

Jim
    Last edited by CanuckJim; 03-21-2007, 08:56 AM. Reason: New info
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

My sister's good friend is the editor of Bon Appetite in New York. They worked together years ago in Napa at Appelation magazine before it was bought out.. She then (the editor) went on to work at the L.A times weekend magazine, and has ended up in N.Y. I've been biding my time to ask her for a favor to include my film project etc.. Perhaps we can join forces? I'll get her email from my sister..

On a side note, my sister's other good friend just landed a job in San Francisco as the head of Australia's bigest wine exporter.. Her and my sis went to wine marketing school together before my sis went on to get her oenology degree.. She (marketing girl) is a super fun and awesome person, and doesn't know a soul in S.F.

Comment

Let's do it Nick -- your project, our plans. We need names.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

It's eight AM in the Barossa where my sister is living right now, I'll call her soon and get the info..

Comment

Working...
          X