No more lurking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more lurking

I've been lurking here for awhile, but this week end I decided to jump in here's what I have so far.I plan on building outdoor corner kitchen,oven first.

Last edited by gaptogap; 03-27-2007, 04:32 PM.

Re: No more lurking

Hey, you are off to a good start. Welcome

Comment

Looking good! Keep us posted!
      -Chris-
      I'm building a Pompeii Oven in Austin, Texas. See my progress at:
      Il Forno Fumoso

Comment

That looks great! You are the 2nd or 3rd oven in Florida I have seen in progress right now. As a Miami native transplanted to zero-humidity-Denver, I wonder how easy it will be to keep moisture out of the dome. I don't just mean the blowing rain, but general humidity. It may mean a little longer heat up time...but then again, since you have so much sunshine, maybe you will use if often enough that it will never really cool down

Looks like a great start and a perect placement...

Drake
        My Oven Thread:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Hey Gap,

Where is Ft. Lauderdale, relative to where you are? There is going to be a photograph of an earlier builder's Pompeii Oven in the Sun-Sentinel in the next few weeks. Is that the big paper? That could be good.

As a west coaster, I don't know a lot about Florida. Where is Ft. Lauderdale?
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James, Ft. Lauderdale is on the east coast of Fl. I'm on the west coast of Fl. about 120 miles away. The Sun-Sentinel is a large paper on that coast,it is also available over here insome stores. I will look for it, probably oven will be in aSunday issue ,do you have the date it will run?

Comment

Good question. We have sent photos to the production guys, so I will let you know.

The west coast faces the Gulf. Do you get the famous humidty? Which sports teams are yours?
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James,
                Weather is great this time of year, lows in high 50's highs in low 80's.Second wk of April a.c. will go back on until end of Nov. We have spring training baseball here,Boston Red Sox and Minesota Twins,semi pro hockey we have to go to Miami or tampa for pro baseball and football.

Comment

Working...
                X