Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from France

Hi folks,

I'm an Irishman living in the south of France for the last 4 years. From near Dublin originally but now living near Nimes.

It's a real challenge trying to translate all the terms precisely for the various materials!

I'm living in a rental property at the moment, but I'm so hooked by the idea of making a pizza oven that I'm going to do it anyway!

I've posted my build ideas aready here

I've already had some great advice from you guys - thanks a million... I hope to keep you all posted on progress!
    My oven on a pallet build thread

Re: Hi from France

Welcome to the forum. You sure are in a great area for historic communal wood ovens...four banal. Have any close to you?

You are in an area on my bucket list. Specifically, a little east of you, in the Vaucluse.

I'm also a little envious at your proximity to some wonderful limestone. Do you have any idea what you are going to do for the finishes?
    Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
    John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
      Welcome to the forum. You sure are in a great area for historic communal wood ovens...four banal. Have any close to you?

You are in an area on my bucket list. Specifically, a little east of you, in the Vaucluse.

I'm also a little envious at your proximity to some wonderful limestone. Do you have any idea what you are going to do for the finishes?
      Haven't thought too much about the finishes, apart from having a decorative arch at the front.

Since we are living in a rental property and I've no idea how this thing will stand up to a move, I'm reluctant to put too much time and effort into it and am focussing more on a functional build that will teach me a thing or two which I can possibly put into practice when (or if) we actually buy a place here.
      My oven on a pallet build thread

Comment

That seems practical.
        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
        John Ruskin

Comment

Working...
        X