Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Canada

Hey Everyone,

I am completely new to the world of wood-burning brick ovens. I've always wanted one and would like to build one in the near future. I look forward to learning a lot about creating and using wood-burning pizza ovens.

Some things that will be a necessity for my first build:

-Must be able to withstand Northern Ontario winters (up to -45C)
    -Smaller design with budget restraints in mind
    -Still look professional

If anyone wants to help lead me in the right direction, i'd be greatful.

Re: Hi from Canada

Welcome M
    You came to the right place as there are a lot of very knowledgable people here to help. As far as your questions if you haven't already done so I would recomend that you start by downloading the free FB plans and read them over to help answer a lot of your questions.

As far as the cold winter weather goes if your concern envolves using it on a -45c day the recommendation will be to fire it very slowly on a day that cold but I can't imagine wanting to cook outdoors when it's that cold. If your concern is it withstanding those temps from a storage prospective I don't think that's a concern if proper frost consideration are taken. It went down to -30 F this winter where I live and no problems to report.

Budget is a tough one, if your good at scavenging it can be built on the cheap. If your like me I want to make sure all of my components were top quality since my labor was free then it will cost you more.

As far as the professional look that will completely depend on your patients and skill level. I never had laid a hand to trowel prior to this project and I am very pleased with my results thanks to this forum and help from its members.

Best of luck
    Chris

Link to my photo album:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/hodgey...7646087819291/

Link to my build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...nia-19366.html

Comment

Working...
    X