Hello from Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Seattle

My husband and I are building a 36" oven. We haven't decided on the height yet, but after reading some posts we may go with a taller oven just in case we want to cook that beer can chicken!

We are currently laying out the arch and are having a tough time deciding on the style and the approach. It seems to be a difficult part to photograph and clearly describe how to install it. We like the look of a few flat bricks and then an arch with a keystone in the center. We will keep poking around the site and see what we find.

This community has been so helpful and generous with their time, I thank you for helping all those before me so I can benefit from your responses!

Looking forward to our first brick oven pie! I built a mud oven in '08, but it is just too small and is cracking terribly. Forno Bravo made the brick oven seem possible. Thanks

Re: Hello from Seattle

Originally posted by HeidiT View Post
    We are currently laying out the arch and are having a tough time deciding on the style and the approach. It seems to be a difficult part to photograph and clearly describe how to install it. We like the look of a few flat bricks and then an arch with a keystone in the center. We will keep poking around the site and see what we find.
    Hello Heidi

The arch seemed imposing to me also but is really not. As you will see with most peoples builds here, a form is used with shims under it to remove it safely once your arch is complete. I'm going to attach a couple photo's.

You'll find all the help you could ever need here. Good luck!
    Chris

Link to my photo album:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/hodgey...7646087819291/

Link to my build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...nia-19366.html

Comment

Welcome!

A 36" oven will be plenty tall to cook that beer-can chicken. You'd have to go to extraordinary lengths to make it too short, as it's harder to make an dome lower than it is to make it higher.

I'm in Seattle too. LMK if you need guidance on getting materials.
      My build progress
      My WFO Journal on Facebook
      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Hey DeeJah I resemble those remarks..... mine is lower and posed a few curly ones.
        Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Working...
        X