Hello from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Texas

I'm Craig. My oven is a 47" Acunto Mario. I don't know much about building ovens, but I have a great respect for the art. I know a little bit about making Neapolitan pizza.

Re: Hello from Texas

I'd say yeah you do! Your pizza and dough threads on that other pizza making website have been invaluable. Really helped me starting out, and I still refer back to them when I need a refresher. Welcome to the oven side of things, and I'm sure many of us are looking forward to what you'll bring to the table!
    -J

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad they helped.

Comment

Craig,

Time to 'fess up. You know alot about pizza-making and have more experience than any 20 builders (combined) here. How many pizzas have you baked? 1000? 1500?

Welcome aboard, although unless you're planning on building an oven, there is no one quite with your expertise in pizza-making.

John

Comment

I am glad you decided to join the board. While there are many excellent examples of oven builds, there is a lack of information on how to use those ovens to their fullest capabilities.

Craig makes the best Neapolitan pizza I have ever tasted, and even though I do not make the same style in my oven, if you want to make Pizza Neapolitano, and are willing to put forth the effort, he can assist you.

Comment

This is the one pizza I have to have from Craig's oven. It is simply marvelous, basic and true to the Neapolitan creed:
            Last edited by Tscarborough; 08-25-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome John and Tom. Happy to help if I can.

Comment

Welcome Craig. What the hell is the armadillo doing wasting all that precious wine? I'm still a work in progress trying to reproduce your dough using your techniques but Rome wasn't built over night, right?. This site could really use your expertise.
                Chris

Link to my photo album:
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/hodgey...7646087819291/

Link to my build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...nia-19366.html

Comment

Originally posted by SevenAcre View Post
                  I'd say yeah you do! Your pizza and dough threads on that other pizza making website have been invaluable. Really helped me starting out, and I still refer back to them when I need a refresher. Welcome to the oven side of things, and I'm sure many of us are looking forward to what you'll bring to the table!
                  -J
                  Originally posted by TXCraig1 View Post
                  Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad they helped.
                  May you tell one of these Neapolitan pizza recipes?
                  Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
                  I forgot who said that.

Comment

This is how I do everything in detail: The Entire Pizza Making Process I use at the Garage About the only thing I do differently in the dough formula is I use a bit more culture - about 1.7% rather than the 1.3% noted. I've been baking a bit hotter recently and closer to the fire. Bake times have been in the 35-40 second range lately. I talk about putting a bit of sugar in the sauce in the post, but I almost never do that any more.

Last weekend's pies: Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Comment

Just noticed you popped over here...welcome!
                      Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                      John Ruskin

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by TXCraig1 View Post
                          This is how I do everything in detail: [url=http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=20479.0]
                          Thanks for the recipes. Sophisticated techniques and very nice looking delicious pizzas. I hope I will succeed reproducing one of them in my home.
                          Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
                          I forgot who said that.

Comment

I'm happy to help if you have any questions along the way.

Comment

Working...
                            X