Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project

Hi everyone - new here!

So today is day one of pizza oven version 3 - so joining here to share my project and hopefully pick up some help along the way! The first two ovens were small and very much made up along the way rather than designed - didn't realise how much help there was out there at the time. Number 2 is still standing - a small barrel roofed affair. Was fun but not big enough and never really got hot enough - see pic. (Number 1 was a similar size but just a square box - didn't work - suprisingly!)

I built a new patio earlier in the summer and there happens to be a pizza oven shaped square in the corner of it. So today I started the foundations - no looking back. A bit of a race against time to get the foundations in as we get flooding in the winter (stream in the garden) so I don't want to have found that I've dug a pond!

Dimensions of the base will be 56 inches square - and I'm planning on more or less following the Pompeii plans. The hearth will overlap the patio a bit.. Haven't quite decided on the oven size but the base is dictated by the space so will build that first. It must be a good omen that today I didn't put my spade through the power cable for the garage - knew it was there somewhere!

More soon.
Working...
X