Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From Espana!!!

Hi All,

Were did I get this stupid idea to build a pizza oven come from, its not like am a builder???

well when i was a boy i went to visit my dads family in Italy and my Nono(grandad)had built an outside kitchen with a pizza oven at the back!!

this one night there was loads of people that come round to see us and we had pizza.it was a great night every one was getting involved and the pizza's just kept coming !!!

so now i going to try and build one, i bought a great book by Russell Jeavons that has some good information.also this is an amazing forum.

I am at the floor level of the dome and i have the hardest part now, to build the dome. this is were i think it could go horrible wrong, this is were i am going to need advice.

I'm i right in thinking that the height of the dome is half of the floor size as is round,and how do you know when to start tilting the bricks???

thanks for any advice

Re: Hi From Espana!!!

Welcome!

Is there insulation under the floor and dome bricks? If not the concrete support slab will just suck the heat right out of the bricks.

If you are making a pompeii style oven then yes the height is half the diameter of the floor.

Have you read the IT thread? It is a way to make a jig that will help you greatly in setting the dome bricks and keeping the tilt of the bricks at the right angle to form the dome. http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...heme-2985.html
    Tony

Link to my oven build thread:
    40 inch indoor pompeii in NNY

Comment

You can either build the dome using the Indispensible Tool (IT) or I built a form using 1-inch styrofoam; multiple semicircular pieces arranged approximately 30 degrees apart. Whatever you make, you need to think ahead as to how you plan to remove the form. The styrofoam you can break apart to remove.

If I had to do over again, I think would use the IT to create the dome.

Good luck!

Comment

Before you get too far along. I suggest you download the free Pompeli Plans from Forno Bravo and read them thoroughly. Also go to this thread for some of the more documented builds.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/n...res-15133.html

There are also other great builds that have taken place as well. Insulation is key to a well built oven. This includes under the floor as well as the dome. Ask away on the forum. There are no dumb questions.
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

thanks all for your advice,

TonyP , I have layed the floor bricks on a bed of glass and covered with salt. I saw this on a YouTube video and thought it would curate a barrier ??

jeeppiper, you mention the IT tool, i had heard people talking about it but thought it was to complicated. I was thinking of making a form but couldn't think what to make it out of So i had a go in making the IT tool and it didn't
          take long to make and seems to work!!!!

i've added a couple of update pic with the IT tool and first few courses.

thanks

Comment

Looking great so far !!!!

Comment

Working...
            X