Introductory post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introductory post

Hello FB WFO Community! I have a background in ceramics. I've built steel/firebrick/gas burning kilns, and worked with an anagama wood-burning kiln. Recently a good friend introduced me to Forno Bravo, and...I want one! On a trailer. What better way to combine my love of fire alchemy and food (hello Maillard reaction)! I look forward to learning more and eventually procuring or building a WFO of my own.

Re: Introductory post

G'day Singe
    Looks like your thread got covered by another.... Sorry that happens.
    Sounds like a WFO is a natural progression of your skills
    Why don't you start a thread in the construction area and get some help in the planning stages. Enjoy the journey
    Regards dave
    Measure twice
    Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Thanks Dave! I'm excited to explore the (predictably weird, as I proceed from a basis of financial [dis]enablement) inevitably creative world of WFO's! Looking forward to plumbing this lovely community for hard-earned, experiential wisdom. Even if it doesn't save me some steps/trial & error, it looks to be lots of fun. Thanks for the welcome, and guidance. Cheers! (Would love to visit down under, BTW--some of the coolest peeps I've met are Aussies & Kiwis; think I'm enamored with the southern hemisphere--yep, y'all qualify as exotic 'round here. Would be living in Chile if not for their 6-month dog quarantine--none of us would survive that!)

Comment

Hi Singe, welcome to the community! I see that you are from Colorado and interested in an oven on a trailer. Our partner, The Fire Within, is located in Denver and uses Forno Bravo ovens to build mobile wood-fired ovens. You may want to check out their website: The Fire Within | Mobile Wood Fired Ovens | Mobile Pizza Ovens.

Comment

Working...
        X