Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From Brisbane

Hi Guys,
    Looks like I had problems with uploading my last post . Sorry if this is a duplicate.
    I am about to start my second WFO project. My first was a Pompeii oven . Unfortunately it had to stay at our last house.
    This time I am looking at using a Casa2G80 kit and turning it into a Vesuvio design oven.
    Unlike last time where the oven was on a stand alone brick stand , This oven will be built on top of a terrace with a retaining wall at the front. I have 1400mm clear space front to back and unlimited side to side. I will drain the sides and rear so that will not be an issue.
    I intend to pour a 100mm thick slab with piers down to solid ground at the front. The rear will be on solid ground . Plastic will be under this slab.
    On top of this I will cast another 50mm? thick slab with another plastic layer under in the circular shape of the vesuvio . On top of this will be the FB Board then the cooking floor.
    So my questions are. Do I need to use any insulating material between the ground and the slab?
    Has anyone attempted building a Vesuvio design oven?

Cheers
    Matto
Working...
X