Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Oven in the UK

Hello all,

I have been 'tasked' with building an oven in our back garden next year, but have already had to cast the base as part of the ongoing work in the garden. Here really to learn a little about ovens, especially the Giardino type.

Olly

Re: A new Oven in the UK

OK, having just spoken to the UK distributor it appears the Giardino type are no longer available in the UK.

I have already cast the base I was planning to build on as part of a bigger project to install some decking in the back garden - I had to do it at this stage so I could get the frame right for the deck. Therefore I will need to build an oven for which this base is the correct size (or over size).

I am waiting for the UK distributor to get back in touch with some suggested alternative ovens for me, and will have to chat through with them what else will fit on the base.

The UK website is not very clearly laid out - to the point that the contact email seemed to go to the US, and was then passed to Australia - slightly odd. I'm sure that I will be able to source an oven to fit my base, but if it will be as easy a solution as the Giardino I'm not sure. The last thing I want to do is take out any of the decking and re-lay the base, as this would cost a LOT of money to replace any damaged deck boards (composite, made to order).

Olly

Comment

If you decide on a larger oven, you can cast a slab on top of your stand that's cantilevered over the edges of the stand. No worries!

Comment

True - I was hoping for nice straight lines though! I will see what will fit on the base as cast, with a decent hearth, and then have the decision made for me by She who must be obeyed.

Comment

now then olaf,

what size is the base your working with? are you set on a precast oven? also are you on the uk wfo forum? forno bravo is a great fountain of knowledge but the uk forum is sometimes handy as most member are based in the uk so have better ideas of where to source things etc.

all the best

keith
          my build,
          http://ukwoodfiredovenforum.proboards.com/thread/1209

my door,
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f17/...oor-21345.html

Comment

Working...
          X