Hello from Maine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Maine!

Hello everyone. I've been researching this spring and and have decided to build a 36" Pompeii oven at my home, just outside of Portland Me. My goal is to build it with two domes of brick. The inside being fire brick and the outside recycled red brick. I am also aiming to build the chimney to be centered on the top. I understand this will be a bit more difficult since the flu comes up from the front of the oven.

Just this Saturday I poured the concrete foundation. This was critical move for me. It has begun. There is no turning back. Well, I could stop now but I'd have to tell everyone that the rectangle of concrete in my back yard was going to be an oven, but I was too chicken to proceed.

I will be reading and soaking in as much information possible. I thank you all in advance for supporting me with any questions that I may have. Hopefully by the end of this process I'll have some experiences to share with someone that is new at building outdoor ovens, like I am now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8124-1.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	355461 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8136.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	346.9 KB
ID:	355462 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8141.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	319.5 KB
ID:	355463 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8144.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	355464 Progress! This is the easy stuff though.

Attached Files

Comment

So I really want to wrap my brain around the oven opening and the flu. Are there drawings with measurements for the opening and distances away from the opening for the flu for a 36" pomeii? Does anyone have any advice on how to make the flu angle back to the center and have the chimney centered on the dome? I'm trying to figure out how much space i need for my second dome, so it will totally encompass or cover the flu and insulation.
      Thank you for any advice!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X