Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Paris

Hello all,

We are working our way back to CA from Florence, taking a week in Paris and a week in the UK seeing family. I am going to have pretty sporadic Internet access while we are traveling, so I won't be very active in the group.

Keep up the good work and keep building and cooking!
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Greetings from Paris

Where are you visiting in England? I grew up in the North close to Scotland.

Comment

Gloucester. Carrie grew up in London, we met in Cambridge (computer company) and her family is now out west.

I think the rental car can do the drive in its sleep.

On another topic -- we went to boulangerie Poilane yesterday! The bread is incredible, there was a line to get in, and they even let me downstairs to take photos of the oven. I will post the photos later.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Ah! Pain Poil?ne au Levain Naturel ? one of the major factors in motivating me to build an oven!

I don?t know about you, James, but the idea of queueing for around 10-15 minutes along a narrow footpath, ordering a specific number of slices of their wonderful sourdough bread, having it weighed and paying for just what you require is ? well ? distinctly foreign to me. It took me a mere mouthful to understand why Parisians are happy to do this each time they want a slice or two.

Magnifique!

Comment

Working...
        X