Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bonjour de France!

Regional Food Australia

If you scroll down you'll find a pop-up link for a recipe in English - not the same one but the instructions are in English which will probably help. They use the name 'Fougasse' or 'fouac?s' but it's the same thing. Evidently there are several names for it.

Ich kann nur etwas Deutsch...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Comment

Sorry Archena, but fougasse or fouaces are a different thing entirely. Both of those are flavoured breads, usually with olives or sun dried tomatoes etc. The fou?e from the Anjou region is used as a pocket, much like a pita bread, and filled with different foodstuffs. The fougasse or fouaces, or for that matter foccacia are indeed Italian in origin, and are widespread in the south of France, notably the Languedoc and Provence regions.

Pedant? Moi?

Comment

<shrugs> Ah well...

Es ist schwere eine anderen Sprache zu lesen.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
        [/CENTER]

Comment

Well, last night was the realisation of a three year ambition for me. I cooked the first fou?e here at Le Chant in a bread oven since the original oven was demolished in the 1950's!

Admittedly, I bought the dough from our boulanger friend in a 2kg lump, and we cut, rolled and baked it ourselves. We fed a group of happy guests with 24 fou?e and 4 pizzas. each and everyone of them said what a magical evening it was and how they'd never experienced cooking like it before. In a good way, I may add!

Here's a few pics of the evening.

Comment

Looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations.

Equally important, what wine are you drinking there? (you are, afterall, in the Loire Valley!)
            Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
            My oven build thread

Comment

Hi Mike, and thanks! I have NO idea what the wine was, except to say that it was good! Then again, so was the headache this morning!

Comment

Working...
              X