• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Here

Hi
    to all
    as i am new to this forum just a couple questions if any one can help

i can understand that you require storage for the wood. and then you build a
    concreat base. for the fire can any explain will the fire be in the same part as the pizzsa

thanks Lee

Comment

Originally posted by JP19 View Post
      Hi
      for the fire can any explain will the fire be in the same part as the pizzsa
      Lee,

Welcome!

Yes, the fire will be inside the oven with the pizza. In order to use this type of oven for pizza, bread, roasts (or anything else) the bricks on the cooking surface, walls and dome must be completely saturated with heat.

The fastest, easiest method for saturating the bricks with heat is to build the fire inside the cooking chamber. The ovens are designed to "breathe" so the fire receives oxygen and can exhaust waste gasses through the vent/chimney.
      Ken H. - Kentucky
      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Hi Ken
        thanks
        can you tell me what the pizza stands on to cook i cannot seem to find pitchures whith the site. i understand building of the base and to insulate the slab. found pitchures of the fire bricks and chimney the bit i cannot understand is where does the pizza cook

cheers to all

lee

Comment

Lee, go to the photo gallery and check out some of the work done by these great oven builders. You will find photos showing cooking of pizzas and foods with the logs bunings and flames flying high, allowing high levels of BTU's for heat. As said by many, you want constant heat for the pizzas, with lower temps for breads. You will start to know the threads that will help you clarify your own needs, and the members always willing to help.
          An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Originally posted by JP19 View Post
            Hi Ken
            the bit i cannot understand is where does the pizza cook
            The pizza cooks right on the fire brick floor of the oven; no pizza pan if that's what you are asking.

As Acoma said, start browsing the photo gallery and reading threads on the various boards here. Lots of answers to basic questions are waiting for you.
            Ken H. - Kentucky
            42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
            Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Working...
            X