Hello From the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From the Philippines

From the tropics but still have a love of great pizza! I started baking pizza on a stone in the oven and am reasonably satisfied with the results. I think now is the time to take it to a higher level and I think this is a great place to pick up info on how to do this.

I am planning to build an oven on my own, given the logistical difficulties of ordering and getting an oven sent over here. I have the Pompei oven plans and am searching for material.

I've searched the forums and it looks like there are some issues with getting bricks and with finding good wood to burn. As I am sure you can imagine, we don't have fireplaces so finding good wood to burn in an oven is a challenge.

I have seen posts from some people in this part of the world (Thailand and the Philippines) and am hoping to hear more on experiences.

Over the next few weeks, I will be doing research. There are a few Italian pizza places around town that have wood burning ovens so I plan to interview the owners quite a bit.

Wish me luck and I will be sure and post when we break ground on the oven.

Re: Hello From the Philippines

Hi rico. Hopefully the forum will be a valuable resource in your oven construction.
    Best
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Working...
    X