pizza video i whipped up this afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pizza video i whipped up this afternoon

I'm still cooking in my kitchen oven (landlord won't let me build a brick oven outside...) but enjoying the outcome nonetheless.

Today I made one of the better batches of dough I'd done in a while, and a fantastic sauce. Tried some new toppings: roasted eggplant, red peppers and mushrooms, heart of palm, basil, arugla and garlic. I don't care for cheese so these are made without it. The pizzas were phenomenal, and even better, I caught it all on tape, time lapse style.

Pizza Time! on Vimeo

I've learned a lot of tips from this forum, so I owe this to you guys.

Re: pizza video i whipped up this afternoon

Really neat vid!

I enjoyed it.

Dave
    My thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
    My costs:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
    My pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

That was fun! Thanks for the upload.
      Ken H. - Kentucky
      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Michael,

Wonderful work. Thanks for taking the time (lapse) to put it together. Now, just wait until you can make them in a WFO.

Jim
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Here's a special welcome. That's a great kitchen video, and a kudo for kitchen cleanliness. I'm afraid that a similar shot of my work area would look considerably more chaotic.

For your landlord problem? Build your oven on a steel frame on wheels, then you wheel it out when you go.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I am always so impressed with the talent and creativity of our members. The time lapse was perfect.

It makes me want to cook. :-)

James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Pretty deadly MJ. Man, you've got more gadgets in that small space than a dingo has fleas.
              Mate I'd watch the infidel in your kitchen, eh.Not only is he wearing shoes , but he's scoffing all the goodies while your back is turned! Must be a rellie eh, 'cause a friend wouldn't do that to you. Hahahaha. (You Watchim, mate.)

Michael, questions, if I may.
              Arugla/Arugula. Looks like what we call Rocket. Some bitterness, common in green salads. Also, palm hearts. We've got some self-seeded palms that are ready to harvest. I assume blanching is the go, or did you give'em a quick roast as well?
              Good luck with the Mobile Pizza Oven. Would be a winner around a pub near closing time. And thanks for the post: all very neat.
              Luddite Jeff.

Comment

Working...
              X