Hi,from Melbourne-Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,from Melbourne-Australia

We built a mud oven recently at the local neighborhood house .Now we wish to build a brick oven like the Pompeii mentioned on the main page.the download thingi does not seem to work -can anyone help -please.
    regards -foggyforge

Re: Hi,from Melbourne-Australia

Mud Oven....how about a pic?

I saw a field oven in Williamsburg, kind of similar I think...it was built on a temporary base and stuccoed with a clay/straw mixture...worked though.

sorry about the download .....maybe send James an email, he's the boss.
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Go the the Forno Bravo store, and buy the book (its free), check out and enter your email on the registration info. You will recieve an email a little later with a download key that takes you to the page where you can download the e-book. The key will only work for 24 hours. If you forget to download it, you will have to go through the process again.
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

i had some trouble downloading the plans in the beginning too. i was directed to the fornobravo website through a google search and the system didn't seem to let me order the plans until i actually typed in the forno addresss and went to the website that way. i am completely useless with anything technological so i wasn't surprised that i had trouble! but all worked out in the end and we will be ready to pour the hearth this weekend if the rain here in qld lets up! good luck with yours.

Comment

Well, i have tried!I managed to upload software into pc to download pictures from phone(easy ? )tried to upload pic.'s from pc to news group-don't know!Will try again another time.Managed to download e-books.Thank you for down load instruction .
          .It's late ,and i have to get up early.
          regards ,foggyforge
          Last edited by foggyforge; 02-18-2008, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xabia Jim View Post
            Mud Oven....how about a pic?

I saw a field oven in Williamsburg, kind of similar I think...it was built on a temporary base and stuccoed with a clay/straw mixture...worked though.

sorry about the download .....maybe send James an email, he's the boss.
            Thank you Jim.Managed to download e-books.Our oven is made of cob,with fired clay brick base.Most of the material/labor was donated (spent A$300 -sand,cement gravel)Have lots of offers of material for the roofing.I will donate the door.
            Have uploaded the pics .Don't know how to post a link to the photos.Perhaps moderators could.We are working on roofing and door for the oven, will post when done.
            regards ,foggyforge

Comment

Working...
            X